A short story where a brother and sister look to themselves, and not society, to make sense of the sexual love they share.
SUMMARY: Ed has been (guiltily) attracted to “Goddess Julie” for as long as he can remember — but moves out once he finishes high school. Unexpectedly, Julie discovers she has similar sentiments…
Wicked Lovely features in the short story collection, 4:Play.
* Note #2 (Feb 2011): Check out Wicked Lovely on jessINK [Jess’s indie publishing division ;)].
* * *
Cover ‘Bouquet of Roses’ Photo by: D Sharon Pruitt
* Wicked Lovely sells 12 copies on first day with zero marketing/advertising/media mentions — July 11, 2010
* WL hits #3,019 Paid in Kindle Store (overall) — September 5, 2010
* WL hits #691 Paid in Kindle Store (UK) — September 8, 2010
* WL enters the Amazon Kindle bestseller lists
#27 in Kindle Books > Fiction > Short Stories — August 19, 2010
#90 in Kindle Books > Fiction > Erotica — August 19, 2010
#37 in Kindle Books > Social Sciences — August 29, 2010
#56 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories — August 29, 2010
# 4 in Kindle Books > Social Sciences (Kindle UK) — September 8, 2010
#42 in Books > Bargain Books (30 days in Top 100) — October 10, 2010
Praise and Reviews:
“The fact that they were brother and sister is overshadowed by their sheer desire to be with one another, that that other person is the only person for them. That made the story for me.” — Review @ It’s Basement Time
“…the first kiss was really sweet…that was my favorite part.”
– e-mail from a reader
“[I liked writing] Wicked Lovely because it demanded the most amount of realism, along with a very precise amount of sensitivity.”
– excerpt from author Q&A
» More Info on Wicked Lovely @ jessINK (2011).