Some of these are on my Facebook account, and/or “all over the place” — I might draw another female figure next.
* These are sketches from 2003 – 2010. I’ll try to draw more/when I can. It can be tremendously calming (mentally), though it requires a certain amount of intensity/concentration, at the same time.
1. Edgar Allan Poe, early 2003 | one of my earliest sketches
2. “Chaz”, early 2003 | model for a high-end hair product ad
3. Ruskin Sketch #1, 2008 | from Ruskin’s “The Elements of Drawing”
4. Ruskin Sketch #2 (broccoli), 2008 | from Ruskin’s “The Elements of Drawing” | I only realised it was a stem of broccoli, when I had finished drawing it. I was under the impression I was drawing a tree -_- (I directly copied the sketch from an image in the book!).
5. Bust, Sept 2010 | Reference: D. H. Lawrence’s “Women in Love” | ballpoint pen / ~0.5 hrs
6. Tila Tequila, 2010 | ballpoint pen | Face-wise, not really accurate, body-wise, slightly more so.
* * *
I’d like to continue drawing full figures. In 2003 and 2004 (when I first started drawing), it was always portrait shots only :)