* Thanks to Veritas for making the original identification.
I have included a family tree chart and verification below.
Short Version: Teo Chee Hean is related to Lee Hsien Loong.
1) Kwa Geok Choo is the mother of Lee Hsien Loong.
2) Kwa Soon Chuan is the brother of Kwa Geok Choo.
3) Kwa Soon Chuan is the husband of Ivy Lim Seok Cheng.
4) Ivy Lim Seok Cheng is the daughter of Lim Chong Pang, a prominent businessman.
5) Lim Chong Pang is the son of Lim Nee Soon, one of the pioneers of rubber planting.
6) Lim Nee Soon is the son of Lim Peng Guan, who married Teo Lee’s eldest daughter (Teo Choon Lian). He died in 1887 and left his son Nee Soon in the care of his maternal grandfather, Teo Lee (1833).
7) Teo Lee was the husband of Tan Poh Neo, the granddaughter of the Kapitan Cina from Muntok. Teo Lee is the great-great-grandfather of Teo Chee Hean.
- Teo Bah Tan = 5th son of Teo Lee.
- Teo Eng Hock = Uncle of Teo Beng Wan (great-granduncle of Teo Chee Hean).
- Teo Eng Hock = Brother of Teo Choon Lian and Teo Bah Tan (Father of Teo Beng Wan).
- Teo Beng Wan = Father of Teo Cheng Guan
- Teo Cheng Guan = Father of Teo Chee Hean
+ + +
Some closing words by Veritas:
It has been wildly speculated [that] family members of top civil servants and elected officers from PAP either own big businesses or hold important appointments. Although information regarding families of our politicians are held almost like a top secret, some interesting dots between them can still be connected thanks to the Internet.
5 thoughts on “Teo Chee Hean – Related to Lee Hsien Loong?”
They are all Babas and Nonyas, Straits Chinese.
Comments are closed.